Sunday, February 21, 2010

RIP

Now..I regret to post this but my dearest, trustworthy, dependable, fun, friend has said goodbye to us. Yes it's true. My one and only camry. She lived a good life yes she did. I cherish so many memories with her. Even when she wasn't mine to claim she went the distances to Moscow Idaho a couple of times. She traveled to Yellowstone National park with us when we thought it was cool to stick not one of our heads but three of our heads out the sunroof and take memorable photos. She's been camping, she's been fishing, she's been skiing, (gotta love those pull down back seats!) and as I do recall she has been pulled over a few times in her day..I won't mention how fast she has gone but I will say my dearest friends and I challenged her to get us to Declo from Raft River on one New Year's Eve in less than 15 minutes! I will dearly miss her and we won't ever forget her and that's why we have high hopes of purchasing a cousin or maybe a younger sister (even with all the dumb Toyota recalls!) In her last dying breath she made it to 303,239 miles!
Please feel free to leave your condolences and any memories you have of her.



P.S. We are looking for a new car so if you are selling one or know of someone selling one please let us know!!

14 comments:

melissa said...

you're hilarious!

i sure will miss camry. she made us happy for many years and we've been quite a few places with eachother.
good luck in the new search. can't wait to meet her

Kathy Wall said...

Good ones are hard to find. I hope you find one as faithful and true.

bbfamwagon said...

We also have a vehicle with over 300,000 miles which we, in fact, no longer need. However, it's a mini-van. You're probably not ready for that. Yet.

P.S. You're very sly not posting Camry's top speed, since obviously your mother reads your blog. I shudder to think the stories my kids could tell about certain S-10 pickups and a Ford Tempo....

Sterling said...

Dang Katie I thought that car would go forever too. I hope you are getting a good return to help buy a new cousin because cars are a money pit. I know a couple of guys that work @ Murdock if you look for used there. I thought about gettign a new/used car adn looked at all of the dealerships online. There are a lot to choose from. Good luck!

Lu said...

i laughed so hard at your post. I'll never forget that car either. I remember getting stuck in a snowbank somewhere out in the middle of nowhere Oakley/Burley Idaho taking home boys from a girls pref dance. It also took me back to many a high school nights where that beloved camry hung out at the good old Burley DQ. It will be missed:]

Krystal said...

Thats so funny reminds me of mikes car right now. We are just waiting for it to die. Hopefully you find a new car soon that will be just as good.

Chad & Tiff said...

Hey Waldo,

I have a friend that got divorced and stuck with two vehicles and is trying to sell either one. One is a Nissian Xterra and the other is a Honda Accord. Let me know if you are interested.

The Amott's said...

Most gangstas roll in 67 impalas with spinnin' rims, and while still gangstas at heart Nick and Katie's pimped out ride was a little more conservative. I plan to see a wilder side with the next purchase Perhaps a jacked up hummer with a disco light, maybe a purple caddi with sick hydraulics. I can't wait to see!
with love the O.G. himself
Cam Dizzle!

Turpin's said...

Hey Katie, its Carrie your friend that you used to sit by at the end of the lunch line at good ol Acequia Elem! Haha I see that you need a new car and we are thinking about saling our camry. Its white and '07 with about 48,000 miles. If your interested let me know!

Chris and Kristen said...

Wow, that car really has had a lot of memories in it! We are actually selling our 2005 Nissan Maxima, but I doubt you would want to come to AZ to pick it up even if you were interested, so good luck with the car shopping!

Ericka said...

Tear! It has been a good friend...to all of us! I like how Lu failed to mention the boat trailer mishap :) RIP, and good luck finding a worthy replacement!

Lu said...

thanks for bringing that up. There are just way to many "incidents" that I try to keep suppressed now;]

Ericka said...

so...any news of a new arrival yet (new car)?

Katie said...

IT SHALL BE ARRIVING TOMORROW EVENING!!!