Sunday, January 25, 2009

Should I or Should I not?

Hey all! Nick and I haven't been up to much lately. Nick applied for nursing school and all we can do now is wait until April to find out if he got in. We are wishin and hopin' and prayin that he does cause we're not sure what we'll do if not! Of course..being me I have a few back up plans of my own but I'm not sure I have ran those past Nick yet! I have just been working away. I have started teaching piano which has been fun so far. I have two boys as of right now but wouldn't mind more so if anyone knows anyone that wants to take let me know!! We haven't been taking very many pictures of the uneventful lives that we live but hopefully we'll remember to take the camera with us just in case we find something somewhat exciting! This is my latest find at DI. I really do like the vintage look and the fabric. I sometimes look at it and kind of want to throw up but for the majority of the time I really like it! It was a steal so I bought it thinking that if I ended up not liking the fabric I would just re-cover it to match our bedroom. So what do you think? Should I cover it or leave it the way it is? I know its kind of a pathetic post but hey I'm trying! Let me know what you think!




10 comments:

Sterling said...

Cover it! Sick! j/k it isn't that bad but hey if it doesn't go with the other things you have then you need to cover it. Might I suggest black?

Lu said...

Katie-you know I LOVE vintage anything but since I have seen your so cute Master bedroom I definitely think you should consider recovering. E-mail me if you want the name of some cute vintage looking fairly inexpensive fabric sites that might match your color scheme in your bedroom. You could even do a complimentary different fabric for the ottoman to mix things up. I love the style of the chair though! So cute! Lu

Kathy Wall said...

Covering it wouldn't take away the style so..do it. I'm sure you'll find something you'll like better.

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I am laughing because I feel like I am always planning and doing back up plans for my husband too! I am sure he will do great!

Danielle and Brian said...

Hey Girl! I think it is great. it is busy but its pretty if it's put with other things that arent!! That is awesome about nursing school. Good luck with the waiting.. Been there done that! If you need someone to help pass the time Brian and I are always up for anything!!

Ericka said...

Personally, I love it the way it is minus the legs but those could be easily replaced. It is so unique the way it is and covering it would only make it like everything else you see these days. Trust me, one day you will have a space (hopefully one without green carpet) that it will be perfect in. Until then, I would hold on to it and appreciate the potential it holds...but what do I know.

Chris and Kristen said...

I'm undecided. I think it could work fine depending on the coloring in your apartment, but hey, if you get sick of it, you will always have the option of covering it.

Unknown said...

i love it just like it is!

LoraAnn said...

I wish so badly that you lived closer because I would LOVE for you to teach Caleb piano lessons!! The chair is quite unique and I know that you are creative and will come up with something perfect. Take care!

Angela said...

If it goes (not necessarily match) with the rest of your bedroom I'd leave it that way. But if you find any fabric that would make it go better with the color scheme in your bedroom, I'd definitely change it. I'm getting fabric from www.tonicliving.com to make some pillows for my living room. They have super cute designs. You could also check on Etsy.com .
If you change it, I'd save some of the fabric and make a pillow for your bed.
Decorating is sooo fun!