Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wasatch Back..

I did it! Well..actually WE did it! I can't believe it is done and over with and let me tell you it was a lot harder than I thought it would be but it was so fun. After losing my first toenail due to the running..(my second one will be coming shortly), a good week of NOT running, I have mostly recovered from the big race. I loved all of my teammates and it was fun to meet new people along the way from logan to park city. There were some definite crazy's dressed up in anything and everything from indian dresses to people just wearing diapers!! My first leg was a "knee jarring" as the call it 7 miles downhill. I actually enjoyed the downhill it was the 3 more miles on flat that kicked my butt! Then my second leg was around 11:30 p.m. that was 8 miles..that was a gradual uphill..sick nasty is what it was! My last leg was a whopping 3 miles but I still wanted to die at the point! All in all I recommend this fun, hard, tiring, crazy race to anyone! It is so fun to be with a team while doing it because everyone is gross and sweaty and we all were so tired so we could all relate! Here are a few pictures..I was told I'm pretty intense while running..not the most smiley person! I really did have fun though! I sure hope I can do it next year! In case you were wondering how far it was..188 miles! Here are a few pictures.






Last but not least...the toe without a toenail!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the picture of you hugging the "one mile to go" sign -- it's definitely how i felt any time i saw one! glad to hear you're recovering well.

meag said...

i can't believe you lost a toenail. thats crazy...i'm sorry. but THANK YOU for doing it. and doing so well at it as well.

Ericka said...

great job Kate! Looks like fun...in an agonizing sort of way :) See, I told you running can be fun!