Well if you have ever been to the good ol cassia county fair you know its always a good time. Maple bars are always worth standing in line for..even if it was for 45 minutes! Knowing you'll see half of your high school friends...hearing the announcer at the rodeo say "Well folks all he's gettin tonight is your appreciation, come on burley!" (that's when the bull riders get bucked off before 8 seconds) Anyhow...Nick and I had a great weekend. We went camping with a bunch of "married friends" from high school and it was a good time except for that darn Idaho wind made it really cold! We then went to our friend Cindy's wedding reception at their amazing house and yard! Seriously..7 acres of the greenest grass you'll ever see! It probably has something to do with them owning a huge sod farm. She looked so pretty and happy! We then went to the fair and got to hang out with some friends that we haven't seen in awhile...It was a good last fun weekend before school starts up and now its back to the books..atleast for Nick!
Kyle and Meg sitting by the fire..does he not look like Jim Carey off of Fun with Dick and Jane!?


This is us defrosting the meat for tin foil dinners on the dash of a car..ya we're not redneck at all!

Jimmy..enough said.

Cindy the beautiful bride and me!

Ericka and Camden at the fair..boy did he love those maple bars! Gotta teach them young!
Casen had a good time too..only cuz grandma made him smile!

And..of course Travis and Nick trying to be cool with their serious faces.
5 comments:
wish i could have taken my kids. i must be too old because i don't think i ever tried those.
Katie! I found your blog. I love the fair too. Some of the best childhood memories there! haha...
Lu-the maple bars are just glorified scones if you ask me...still, they are pretty good.
Katie-it was so fun to see you guys even if it was shortly lived. Oh and you totally missed out checking out the pigs with us :)
I love the Cassia County Fair!! My parents always took us when we were little cause they were from Burley. So I just had to take Presley to it this year! We went on Thursday, wish we could have seen you there.
P.S. We are liking Idaho!
Oh how I miss the fair. I miss Idaho this time of year. I'm jealous you can still go. Fairs on not the same in a city of 5 million. Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment