Sunday, September 20, 2009

9/20/09

WoW! Life is just racing by and I don't have much to say for this past month. I wish I had these exciting things to post like I'm going to Hawaii...or I just watched my kid take his first steps....or got a new car or lost weight but sorry...none of those have happened to me..and I doubt they will in the near future either! Those are just some examples of other people's lives and they actually have something to blog about. Nick is crazy busy with studying in the nursing program and he spends most of his time at the library. I keep telling him...don't complain to me..you chose this major! I have been playing on an intramural and rec volleyball league and that has been the highlight of my life the past couple weeks but I have been playing with some fun girls and it is so good to play that competitive again. I have managed to start quite a few projects and am slowly getting closer to finishing them. This is the first of the many projects..it's definitely not the best but it wasn't too bad for sewing my first purse! Don't look too close though. Oh and is Fall really officially here already this week!? I love fall..

11 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Your life is exciting! The reason you can't say you have lost weight is because you are already skinny!! Wish I could play v-ball..that sounds fun! Nice job on the purse, I am impressed!

melissa said...

shut up katie..you did not make that purse. um...wow! so impressed. you life is about as exciting as mine, that is until ave takes her first step i guess cause none of the other things you listed will be happening to me either anytime soon.
see you thursday for volleyball!

Lu said...

Katie-when are you making me a cute purse? i want one!

Kathy Wall said...

I need a new purse! It's so cute!
Can't wait to see your other project you're working on.

Julienne said...

I feel privileged that you mentioned me in a round about way on your blog. Remember you will have chest left if you get any skinnier. Is that what we all aim for? Ribs and nothing else?

Sterling said...

Hey Katie! How are you doing? It was good to see a post from you and don't worry about not having something *exciting* because everyones life is at a different stage and that's alright. I need to come down and say hi again sometime. I just got done interviewing a friend of yours Spencer. He seems like a nice guy. Talk to you later sucka! :)

meag said...

adorable katie....i have a really hard time with pleats, so i am impressed. and i am so sad that i am not playing volleyball with you guys...i miss it too much. you should find a tourney...i keep telling lis to find one, but i doubt she will. but that would be fun.

Chris and Kristen said...

IMPRESSIVE! It turned out super cute. I could not have done that. Last time I measured and sewed something I created a belly shirt. No idea how it happened, but it did. I have no sewing ability other than straight lines and that's it. I am so jealous!

Krystal said...

Love the purse you made. Im making a lot of stuff its nice to just keep busy and find new and fun things to make.

Hay and J said...

WoW! Gees girl! I love the purses! They are soo cute! I didn't know you were an artist!

Ericka said...

Since I have seen this purse in person I have to admit that it is in fact very cute...how about you make me one while you're at it! It was so fun to spend time with you last weekend...makes me miss livin so close!